Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My wife put down a deposit on a vehicle (used) but has not

My wife put down a deposit on a vehicle (used) but has not taken delivery of said vehicle. Question.. Can the so called purchase contract be canceled by us? we live in Illinois.

Daniel : Hello,
Daniel : you may cancel if seller misled you or breached the agreement. You may do so if seller consents or where there is a material breach. Possession is not relevant to those rights.
Daniel : Is that clear and acceptable or may I clarify something?

I guess that the only thing that could be considered misleading is that the salesman had my wife sign a "purchase Agreement" and telling her that it was just to hold the car until a final decision was made.. When we went today to cancel the hold we were told that we cant because we own the vehicle.

Thank you for your help..

Daniel : Very welcome. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.