Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I am paying what I can, yet not full amount do monthly, on

I am paying what I can, yet not full amount do monthly, on a vehicle loan, that has only four more payments due. I was under the impression that the creditor could not repo. the car if I paid what I could monthly. I'm on Soc. Sec. and $ are very tight.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, if you are even one dollar behind on your car payment and the amount is delinquent for more than 30 days, then the auto finance company has the right to repossess the vehicle when the borrowes is more than 30 days delinquent on any amount, even if the borrower is making some type of payment every month.

I am very sorry that you are in this difficult situation and I wish I could provide you with a more favorable answer, but the law is very clear on this issue and I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct information, even if the answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck!