JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Wide experience in consumer rights law.
16110456

The Company that put our in-ground pool in is telling us if

The Company that put our in-ground pool in is telling us if we choose anyone else to close the pool for the winter all warranty on the plumbing will be null and void.

Can that be true?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service.

Does the written warranty state you are required to use this company for service?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

good question let me check. if it does I presume we will be obligated to use them correct?

The warranty must be in writing, but it can set such a requirement. This allows the company to ensure the winter preparation is completed properly as the company is responsible under the warranty to repair damages. But, if the warranty does not include this requirement you have no obligation to use this company. The company cannot abandon their duties under the warranty for your refussal to use their winterizing service unless it is contained in the warranty. If not in the warranty, you may file a civil suit based on the warranty to enforce your rights under that warranty agreement. Wheter the warranty requires winterizing by this company is crucial.

Please let me know if you need anything else. Will you please take a moment to leave a positive service rating? I would appreciate it.

Thank you
Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Thank you for leaving me a positive rating and ensuring that I receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you again