Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Can you please help me with this problem am having with Toyota

Can you please help me with this problem am having with Toyota company .

I recently moved from MA to IL and had to transfer my lic plates and In order to do that I had to get the title sent to me from Toyota in MA .
MA sent me the original title for my car with no lead holder name on it , showing the car was mine back in May 2013 ... someone in the MA office made a big mistake by sending me the original title stating the car in mine , well Toyota decided to reprocess my car without contacting me , letting me know there was a problem and that payments for the car were not being received . when I spoke to the guy at Toyota he admitted that they messed up and I end up paying the price by them taking my car away from me . I have the title in my hands . what can I do about this ?
is it legal what Toyota did to me considering they messed up ?
my car is being held by them and when I threaten to get a lawyer I could hear the voice change in the mans voice . Can you please give me some advice how to handle this matter please ?
my email [email protected] or 815 -519 7340 cell
thank you XXXXX

Daniel :

Daniel :

at this point, what outcome are you seeking?

Daniel :

the vehicle back?

Customer:

yes I would like my car back

Daniel :

You may seek that relief in a few ways

Daniel :

I would begin with a written complaint to a manager for seller, and I would cc the department of consumer affairs and the attorney general office so they case is opened by those agencies and they may exert pressure. The letter should identify the precise narrative of what happened including the improper repossession.

Daniel :

You may also choose to have such a letter complaint come on lawyer letterhead to add additional pressure

Daniel :

such steps can be pursued before considering a civil lawsuit

Customer:

would this be a drawn out process ? I have been renting a car and this is something I don't want to do .

Daniel :

It may resolve in a couple of weeks, but of course, can last much longer if they are being unreasonable

Daniel :

Having a lawyer involved can add necessary pressure to expedite it

Daniel :

but there are no guarantees.

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

Toyota is calling me in the morning tomorrow to let me know how much money they want from me to get the car back and I don't think this is fair

Daniel :

You may engage in the call and be ready to make demand of them then with a counter offer and warn that unless resolved to your satisfaction you will turn matter to counsel, and the agencies mentioned.

Customer:

ok will do that .. if they are unreasonable do you think I should retain a lawyer ?

Daniel :

In this situation, yes

Daniel :

martindale.com is a good resource for that

Daniel :

I wish you the best and wish you a quick resolution

Daniel :

Have a nice afternoon.

Daniel :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer when you have a moment.

Customer:

thank you Daniel for your advice
I have been a wreak over this

Daniel :

Very welcome

Daniel :

I hope it resolves soon and wish you that

Daniel :

I have turned the rating feature on.