JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Wide experience in consumer rights law.

Do I have any recourse against Lay-Z-boys lack of service,and

Do I have any recourse against Lay-Z-boy's lack of service,and not being able
to get defective product replaced or repaired?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. How old is the product? Is the product under warranty? What occurred when you requested service?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The product is new,and is under warranty.They have sent out a

tech twice.The first time they said it was defective and that a new piece

would be ordered.They deliveried the two new pieces that we bought

to add to the sectional,but not the replacement piece.So we started

calling again.So they sent out the tech again with new foam to replace

the seat cousion.We told him this is not the problem.The one piece

from the sectional is out of square,and looks terrible when assembled.

the problem seems to be that there customer service is run by an outside company,and the service is terrible.

The warranty and violations by the company of the warranty can be a basis for a cause of action in court. There are a variety of options under state and federal law including everything from breach of contract to deceptive trade practices. There are causes of action which allow for triple damages and attorney fees. But, even at triple damages the recovery would not be large I would anticipate and in comparison to the time and stress of court, you may want to consider some other routes first. Consider writing a detailed demand letter to the company headquarters sending a copy to your local store as well. The letter would be sent via certified mail and include a chronological history of failures by the company. Include a copy of your purchase information and warranty along with the names and contact information of the persons you have worked with at this point. This will likely lead to a fast resolution. If not, you may want to have an attorney send a demand letter. This is relatively inexpensive and is also very likely to get this matter resolved. The last option is court. You can probably avoid the need for litigation with the use of the demand letters. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. I hope you will take a moment to leave a positive service rating. I rely on these ratings and optional bonuses to provide this information. I appreciate it. Thank you