Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.

A landlord is threatening to seek a judgment to recover alleged

A landlord is threatening to seek a judgment to recover alleged extensive clean-up costs after a tenant moved out. What is the statute of limitations in Minnesota for a landlord to file such a claim?

Dwayne B. :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today.

Dwayne B. :

In general, since damages to a rental property are based on a contract a landlord could seek to recover damages for up to six years.

Dwayne B. :

The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please do not issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.