Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I mailed in a complaint form about a dentist that charged me

I mailed in a complaint form about a dentist that charged me $2200.00 for a Valplast partial dental plate.This dentist could never get it to fit and it became unusable.A new one was made that was cheaper,I was quoted $800.00 for the cheaper one at my first visit although my wife did not want the metal based plate.When the dentist couldn't get this Valplast plate to fit,we settled for the cheaper metal one.I asked this dentist for a partial refund and was denied saying that she had to pay for both partial plates.This is not my error and it seems I have to pay for her mold errors.My wife can only use the metal one because they could never get the Valplast to fit without pain.It took a total of 10 months for my wife to get a set of dentures that she could actually wear.Why should I have to pay the $2200.00 for an $800.00 denture plate ?Also she had a root canal with a post and a crown done .We were charge $1400.00 for this procedure which she still has feeling in and sensitivity issues.We haven't addressed this issue with our new dentist as her tooth with the nerve pain is our utmost concern for now. Since then, I have complained to the Consumer affairs dept which cost me $25.00 and Dr. Freeman would not respond to them,(case closed)and a negative review on her permanent record shows now. I have filed with the Better Business Bureau and have yet to receive a response from them. I have also contacted channel 13 news team"Contact Curtis"which they advocate for you but have gotten no response.I imagine the Contact Curtis deal takes 6 to 8 weeks for them to get to it .Since all this I have been doing some online researching and come to find out this dentist does not have a current business license,It expired on May 31st 2013.Who knows how long before that she hasn't renewed her license.The business in question is doing business as"Healthy Impressions Dental Group,XXXXXSuite 120 Roseville ,California (XXX) XXX-XXXX and operates under the owners name of Fatemeh Freeman DDS license #54848. This business has a delinquent operating business permit #10328(which means it is ILLEGAL to operate in the State of California From May 31st 2013 on to present) ,and I also found a website that said a Loretta Volner is the proprietor.This establishment is out to rip off customers and over charge them and fix cavities that were non existent as I read on her blog pages as customers comments and complaints.I would only imagine that I am not the only one that has had problems or complaints with Dr.Freeman. Anyway,moving on,My wife has become very sore on one of the teeth Dr.Freeman has done some work on and I took her to a different dentist . Dr Freeman filled in a tooth with some kind of resin and it came into contact with the nerves in the tooth and she is in much pain as it has become abscessed.She now needs a root canal to fix this tooth that Dr Freeman touched. $950.00 more .I also asked Dr Freeman for a designated record set and did it in writing with her signature on it and have yet to receive any record set. I believe that under California state law ,she had 10 days to produce these records which was back in April of 2013.This dentist was continually dropping tools and the teeth that she was trying to fit.The floors and walls look like they have never been cleaned and I honestly believe that the public is in danger and in harms way if this dentist continues to practice illegally. There are health hazards let alone the gouging of dental prices.I was quoted with my new dentist $1100.00 for the Valplast partial plate and $800.00 for the metal based plate which we now have and was charged $2200.00 for. Please help me with this problem.I am looking for an attorney at the present time and something needs to be done and very soon.THE PUBLIC IS IN DANGER.I have complained to the Consumer Agency,the B.B.B. and the California State Dental board.There has been no outcome as of yet.A response to the B.B.B. was recorder saying that both sets of dental plates were the same price.B.B.B.case #XXXXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Daniel :

Daniel :

Have you considered a civil action in small claims court

Daniel :

on basis of breach of contract, negligence and malpractice?

Customer:

I believe this may be a bigger matter than small claims

Daniel :

How much are you seeking?

Daniel :

You have filed admin and agency complaints

Daniel :

but to get money damages you would need a court action

Customer:

I understand that but small claims is only $5000 correct> I would like to seek pain and suffering as well as my wife has to go in for a root canal today because of her negligence.Alao this was a 10 month drawn out ordeal.She has no business license that is current as well

Daniel :

You may pursue that in civil court

Daniel :

consider having a personal injury lawyer handle on commission fee

Daniel :

would you like a directory for that?

Customer:

Can I do both ?

Daniel :

you should gather evidence of physical and emotional harm

Daniel :

both?

Daniel :

you can only pursue in one court

Daniel :

not more

Customer:

cival and small claims?

Daniel :

No

Daniel :

civil only

Customer:

Civil LOL

Daniel :

gotcha

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

with civil is there a max amount?

Customer:

Yes may I get a directory please?

Daniel :

martindale.com

Daniel :

there is no cap

Daniel :

but a court will typically set damages on a case by case basis

Daniel :

determining the extent of injuries

Daniel :

and encouraging settlement

Daniel :

often insurer will step in to settle the claim.

Daniel :

Are you satisfied with the answer?

Customer:

yes thank you

Daniel :

great

Daniel :

Have a nice day

Daniel :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Customer:

Excellent sir.thank you for your answers.I believe I will go to civil courts to get this matter resolved.I will search Martindale .com for assistance.Thanks again

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.