LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
63726236

I recently purchased a facial hair removal cream from Avon.

I recently purchased a facial hair removal cream from Avon. When I used it it caused chemical burns to my face.

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. I have extensive consumer law experience and will use this to assist you with your issue today. I am very sorry to hear of this. I hope you have gotten the proper medical treatment for this. Legally, you will need to file a products liability lawsuit if you are unable to reach a settlement with the company. Have you contacted the company yet in regards XXXXX XXXXX? And do you have pictures of the burns?

Customer:

I have contacted the company. I have gone to the Doctor and I do have pictures of the burns.

LegalGems :

OK. That is good, so you will have the necessary evidence. Generally, for products liability issues (based on negligence), the damages recoverable are economic damages (ie the cost of the product, the cost for medical care, compensation for lost wages), along with damages for emotional distress. If the court finds that the company was willfully negligent (ie had notice of this and did nothing to remedy it) they can award punitive damages.

LegalGems :

You should seek an attorney that specializes in products liability, versus only consumer law, or only civil litigation.

Customer:

Avon did reimburse me for the product and medical bills.

LegalGems :

Did you sign a release?

Customer:

No

LegalGems :

OK, that is good. That means you have not waived any of your rights.

LegalGems :

Under these circumstances, I would suggest having a products liability attorney review your medical records to see if he thinks you will recover more from a lawsuit. This sounds rather serious and painful.

Customer:

I never cashed the ck. Should I contact a liability lawyer?

LegalGems :

Yes. Let me get you a link to the referral program. Also, check out their online reputation at www.avvo.com or www.lawyers.com.

LegalGems :

Did you have any questions on the above?

Customer:

No you were helpful. Thankyou

I wanted to be sure and thank you for using JA/Pearl.

I hope you found the information I provided useful. I hope you find a great attorney to assist you with this- this must be very upsetting. Product Liability attorneys are generally well versed in the law, as that is a very specialized area.

If you would like to request me for your future legal inquires, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question, and I will do my best!
Take care.

Please be sure and complete the customer satisfaction survey the site will be sending you so that I can continue to provide affordable information to our customers. Thank you!