Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a time share for about $21,000 and I am in a power

I purchased a time share for about $21,000 and I am in a power wheelchair. I was informed that I would have no problem getting reservations with wheelchair accommodations and a shower with a bench to transfer.

I have had problems starting the very first time that I went to my home resort. To book into another resort, I call RCI to book a room at a resort. I tell them about my needs, they tell me I must call the resort to see if they have a accessible room available for me. RCI state that they can not request or assure me that a accessible room will be available when I get their. I must call the resort about 1 or 2 weeks before the date of arrival. Their may still not be a wheelchair accessible room available.

I can not get a reasonable accommodation from village of Parkway (my home resort where I purchased the contract, in Florida), from RCI the booking agent or the Resort they make the reservation with.

I may get to the resort and not be able to get a accessible room on arrival. If I call the resort without using my time share contact, I can book a room and be assured that I have an accessible room.

I would like to get my $21,000 plus dues and taxes that I paid because I am being discriminated because I am a wheelchair user. Other members do not have this problem. When they call and book a room, it is assured that they will get it with one call.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

INFOLAWYER :

INFOLAWYER :

At this point what outcome are you seeking?

INFOLAWYER :

to get out of the contract or secure accomodation?

Customer:

I have tried to secure accommodations and that has not happened. I would like to get out of this contract.

INFOLAWYER :

I agree

INFOLAWYER :

You do that by a documented certified letter

INFOLAWYER :

demanding immediate release and rescinding

INFOLAWYER :

given examples of their violations

INFOLAWYER :

and citing to the disability and lack of accomodation

INFOLAWYER :

You may also escalate it with complaint to the attorney general office

Customer:

Would I be able to get my money back and make the contract null and void?

INFOLAWYER :

Yes and yes

INFOLAWYER :

they are in breach!

INFOLAWYER :

but you need to document it

INFOLAWYER :

send notice by certified mail

INFOLAWYER :

and be ready to contest through court if they are wrongly refusing to return funds

INFOLAWYER :

or try to hold you liable without cause

Customer:

If I need a lawyer, would I have to get on in Florida?

INFOLAWYER :

Yes, where defendant is located

INFOLAWYER :

Martindale.com is a good resource

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

Thanks,

Customer:

.

INFOLAWYER :

My pleasure

INFOLAWYER :

have a nice weekend

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating

INFOLAWYER :

Is the answer acceptable?

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.