Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice

My mom bought a car and financed the ford motor credit. Papers

My mom bought a car and financed the ford motor credit. Papers were signed 2 weeks ago and she drove the car home. Now she received a letter state the changed there mind about financing the car, the want it back. Can they do this?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

I know this sounds crazy but the dealer CAN change their mind and this why. As a courtesy, a dealer will TRY to place a car with someone to finance you. But it is done as a courtesy though most of the time they are successful. However, if the bank, or in this case rejects the deal, the dealer can ask for the car back. Likewise, any money your mother gave as a deposit must be returned to her. thanks for understanding.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.