How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dylatess Your Own Question
Dylatess, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom bought a car and financed the ford motor credit. Papers

This answer was rated:

My mom bought a car and financed the ford motor credit. Papers were signed 2 weeks ago and she drove the car home. Now she received a letter state the changed there mind about financing the car, the want it back. Can they do this?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


I know this sounds crazy but the dealer CAN change their mind and this why. As a courtesy, a dealer will TRY to place a car with someone to finance you. But it is done as a courtesy though most of the time they are successful. However, if the bank, or in this case rejects the deal, the dealer can ask for the car back. Likewise, any money your mother gave as a deposit must be returned to her. thanks for understanding.


Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.

Dylatess and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions