Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

Can I form an LLC and receive (funds, donations, investments)

Can I form an LLC and receive (funds, donations, investments) into the LLC, without the funds being taxed, if the donor is not apart of the LLC?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to avoid taxation, your company has to be registered as a non-profit organization, meaning it has to have a charitable purpose. If it is not a non-profit organization approved by the IRS, then you would have to pay taxes on all proceeds received by the LLC. The LLC would have to file a tax return and you would either pay taxes like a corporation or the taxes would be claimed on your personal income tax form, but either way, unless you are a non-profit entity, you must pay taxes.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.