Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am conducting a case study about a unique situation. This

I am conducting a case study about a unique situation. This is an individual from Canada that has lived in the US for years and attained US citizenship with a home, family, business etc. Her parents passed away and left her an inheritance. She had already been through the process of paying US taxes, being cleared through multiple agencies, establishing legitimacy through the government. The concern is that she has is family members trying to produce a claim to the inheritance, and making her life miserable. Can she establish an LLC or similar entity in her name and another's without her family members seeing it, and place the funds in the business account also without her family members producing a claim on the transaction?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for this individual's situation.

I am afraid that this may not be possible under the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act. See here. And see here for a brief of how Colorado treats the law. Under the UFTA, a transfer from one entity to another (and a corporation or a trust would be an entity) with the aim to hide assets would not work. If the other party could trace said assets (and they likely could), they can still be attached.

I am sorry.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Thank you for your gratuity.