Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice

I live in Miami-Dade Florida , went to a dealer this past Sunday,

I live in Miami-Dade Florida , went to a dealer this past Sunday, and signed paperwork for a used car. I gave a $1000 deposit but did not take delivery of the car. I am having buyer's remorse and would like to cancel the purchase. Can I do this? Will the dealer return my deposit? Are there any protections under Florida law?

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Florida recognizes a three day right of rescission. But in general, in only applies to contracts NOT made at the seller's place of business such as if you entered into an agreement signed in your home for a new roof. The following is a very good explanation of the law:

Accordingly, if cannot cancel unless the seller is kind enough to let you out. if he won't I suggest you offer sometime of monetary consideration so that both sides get something- you get out of the deal and he puts something in his pocket. If he still say no, I am sorry to inform you that he can enforce the contract.

I wish you well. thanks for understanding as I always feel bad giving news you did not want to hear.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.