Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I received the check from Megan Media LLC dba Social/moms Ross

I received the check from Megan Media LLC dba Social/moms Ross CA 94957.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Stop! This is a scam commonly known as a "fake check." See here.

The real Publisher's Clearing House would never simply send a check, nor is it associated in any way with any company called "Megan Media."

To confirm if you are or a not a winner, call 1-800-645-9242 which is their only number to confirm this.

However, from what you are describing, this is likely a scam check. I am sorry. I would not cash it!

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)