Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Have you heard of

Have you heard of web site. I asked a question there and it seems that some experts are there to help and some seem to be collectors in drag. Some "advisors" are very abrasive, abrupt, and don't seem on your side. I asked about settling a debt there, and an "expert" gave very abrasive remarks. No real help. Please comment on how some of these sites can help or hurt you when trying to settle debt. If you know of a good forum, I'd like to use it. I'm turned off of this one. Also they want you to register with your email address. I did that and was later appalled that my threads showed up when I googled my email address. Good for the creditors to see your activity....
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

The website is registered to:

Debt Consolidation Care
711 S. Carson St. Suite 4,
Carson City

The site itself is neutral. However, its users may be attempting to scare/entice you to use them for debt relief.

There are two kinds of signups: "Community sign up" and "Counseling sign up". If you do a "Counseling sign up" your name, email address and phone number will be given to a company advertising on the website. The company is going to call you on the phone and send you email, explaining you the services they provide and hoping that you use their services. You are under no obligation to use their services.

If you do a "Community sign up," you can still ask questions, but debt agencies in the form of "users" may reply and get ask to call them.

So it is as much of a debt collection "possible client base" as it is an advice forum. Seeing that many answers are motivated to have you call them, it is akin to asking "how do I buy a good used car" in a forum inundated with used car salesmen.

Honestly, I would not see this as a legitimate resource for debt relief answers.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That was my impression. Sorry I signed up for it. I was really looking for a forum of folks who were doing debt settlement now vs last few years since what is accepted seems to have changed.

These folks appear to be wolves in sheep's clothing.

Ugh, yeah I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news here.

There really are few debtor forums that have not been "corrupted" as above. Perhaps some trusted sources are:

I wish you the best of luck.

Please note: I aim to give you genuine information and not necessarily to tell you only what you wish to hear. Please, rate me on the quality of my information and do not punish me for my honesty. I understand that hearing things less than optimal is not easy, and I empathize.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.