Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

IN NC WHEN A CONSUMER TURNS IN A DEALER LOANER CAR HOW LONG

IN NC WHEN A CONSUMER TURNS IN A DEALER LOANER CAR HOW LONG DOES DEALER HAVE TO CLAIM IT WAS DAMAGED.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Technically, a person can claim damage at any time within the relevant statute of limitations - which is 3 years. However, in order for the dealer to find the person who borrowed the car liable, they would need to be able to establish that the damage existed when the car was dropped off. That could include damage statements issued when the loaned and picked up, pictures, and logs showing when the person dropped the car off and picked it up. If they did not mention the damage when the car was left, and anyone drove it after that, they will have trouble establishing who caused the damage. Since they're the ones who want to collect, they have the burden of proof. Even if the car was parked in a lot overnight, depending on the nature of the damage, they'd have no way of proving who caused it.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.