Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My daughter and son-in-law went car shopping this weekend in

My daughter and son-in-law went car shopping this weekend in Virginia. They only needed one car for my son-in-law. They went to Priority Honda saw a car that would fit his needs. My daughter has a Odessey van which they bought from Priority 4 years ago. They talked with a salesman and after 6 hours, they were talked into buying not one car, but 2 new cars, the car for my son in law and a new Odessey. After thinking about it, my daughter wants her other van back. Is there any law in Virginia which will allow her to return the new vn and get her old van back.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Most people believe that when they buy a new car they have a right to cancel the sale, but that is unfortunately not the law in any state. A person who signs a contract does not have any legal right to change his mind. That unfortunately means that your daughter can only return the van if the contract specifically allows it.

There are some dealers that will work with the consumer to make an accommodation, because they rely on word of mouth and repeat business. So, she does have the option of talking to the dealer to see if there is anything they can do. But there's no law that would allow her to force them to cancel the sale.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.