Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice

I see business online that says they will help me write letters

I see business online that says they will help me write letters to credit bureaus to increase my credit score. Do these really work? I know I could write my own letters, but it seems like it would carry more weight from a company and I really don't know what to put into a letter to credit bureaus.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

Do NOT fall for this trap. Note that if a credit bureau receives a letter other than from you, it is not read because of privacy issues. And even when you have given authority to an attorney to write on your behalf, it does little if any. So I would suggest that you look on the web for sample letters to collection agencies and credit bureaus as there is information out there. Finally, remember that credit scores improve over time. And it is your creditors that report payments are good paying history to the credit bureaus. So you are best advised to contact your creditors to work out settlement solutions. I wish you well.

Please respect my time by rating my answer ok or better. Otherwise I am not compensated even though you have paid for the question. Thanks.