Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Received a summons for payment on a credit card account from

Received a summons for payment on a credit card account from a bank approximately for $5,000. I am unable to pay this creditor since 2010. How do I respond to summons.
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

Basically, in a situation like this an answer would have to be filed within 20 days from the time the summons was served to you.

An answer would deny or admit the allegations in the complaint and also in an answer any affirmative defenses would have to be raises.

The answer would have to be filed with the court, and a copy would have to be mailed to the plaintiff's attorney.

I wish you the best of luck!