Consumer Protection Law
Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Lemon law does not apply as the car has to be in the shop, overnight, a minimum of 30 days during first year of operation. but you need to call the zone manager who does not work for the dealer but for Dodge. His number is XXXXX the first few pages of the owner's manual. He will come out and mediate a solution. This always works so please take my advice.
This internet blurp from a law firm seems to contradict you.
Are you thinking about PA and its a NEW CAR--9 months old?
Pensylvania consumers are protected by several Federal and State Lemon Laws if they meet any one of the below criteria:
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Pennsylvania Licensed, Practicing Attorney, and I will be glad to assist you,
Under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law a car qualifies as a "Lemon", if it meets all of the following conditions:
1. It has a nonconformity (a defect, or condition) the nonconformity is covered by the manufacturer's express warranty
2. The nonconformity substantially impairs the use, market value, or safety of the car
3. The nonconformity is not the result of an accident, abuse, neglect, or alteration of the car by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized dealer
4. You reported the nonconformity at least once to the manufacturer's authorized dealer during the Pennsylvania Lemon Law Rights Period of 1 year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.
5. You gave the manufacturer or its authorized dealer three opportunities to repair the nonconformity.
1. You can compel the manufacturer to replace your vehicle with a new vehicle; or
2. You can compel the dealer or manufacturer to buy back the vehicle for the same amount that you paid, plus any finance charges you incurred s a result of financing the purchase, registration fees and taxes on the vehicle, minus an allowance for the use of the car. The allowance is either 10% of the purchase price of the vehicle, or ten cents per mile up to the first problem, whichever is less,
Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,
If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).