Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I had my foundation repaired a few years ago, they basically

I had my foundation repaired a few years ago, they basically lifted my slap and made my house level again. over the last few months I noticed that my house doors were not closing so easily and my dry wall started to crack again. My house appears to be sinking again. When I got the job done the owner of the company gave me a document stating lifetime warranty in case my house started to sink again. The problem is that I have called multiple of their numbers leaving messages for callback, sent them emails, and even gone to their local establishment but was closed both times. Its been a month or so and no one has called back. My question is, until when is it reasonable to take legal action against this company? I have the warranty papers in hand with company's name.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Are they still in business?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It appears they are because, when I called the number it states their Company name, they also have a facebook page, and a business web page.

Thank you for your additional information.

At this point your first step needs to be sending them a letter informing them of the issues with your slab and include a copy of your lifetime warranty, since you cannot seem to contact them by phone. You can also post on their facebook page for all to see that you are having problems with the work they have done and have made numerous efforts to contact them but have not received any call back and ask them to contact you. This would likely elicit a response because they do not want anyone else to see they are not responsive to customers.

If they do not respond, your second step (to save money on an attorney or suing) would be to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Consumer Protection unit, since under the state and federal warranty laws the attorney generals offices provide mediation of warranty claims.

If the above steps cannot work on resolving your dispute, then you would have a right to sue in court for breach of warranty and the court would order a judgment in the amount of the costs to make the repairs.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.