Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

If I am sued in civil court and I hire a lawyer and I prevail

If I am sued in civil court and I hire a lawyer and I prevail who pays the lawyer?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.

.

You do unless you filed a countersuit against the person suing you and asked for damages and attorney's fees.

.

Now if you win, you can always then turn around and sue the person for "malicious prosecution" and demand the attorney fees you had to pay in the previous suit as well as any that you are incurring to file the second suit. You are defendant in the first case and the plaintiff in the second..

.

.

Thanks