LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator

A judgment was entered against me. I paid the judgment, plus

A judgment was entered against me. I paid the judgment, plus interests, and costs. The Judgment Creditor has negotiated the payment. The creditor's attorney is refusing to dismiss the Proceedings Supplemental. May I file a Motion to Dismiss Proceedings Supplemental, citing satisfaction of the judgment, with a copy of the negotiated check?

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum. Typically a plaintiff will only follow through with a Complaint for Proceedings Supplemental if the judgment is outstanding. Since it has been paid in full, normally the plaintiff would dismiss this. Since they are unwilling to do so, you can file a motion to dismiss, and bring a copy of the judgment and the negotiated check. You should also send this information to the plaintiff, because sometimes, when the judge sees that a party has purposefully wasted the court's time by going forward with a moot issue, they will sanction that party for wasting the court's time.

LegalGems :

State of Indiana County of ______________________

In the_______________Court

_____________________________________ )

Plaintiff )

vs. ) Case No. _________________

_____________________________________ )

Defendant )

(Insert name and specify Plaintiff or Defendant)’S MOTION

Comes now (Insert name and specify Plaintiff or Defendant) in the above captioned case and requests that the proceeding supplemental be dismissed.

WHEREFORE, (Insert name and specify Plaintiff or Defendant) asks this Court that this proceeding supplemental be dismissed, and for all other proper relief.

Date _________________ ___________________________________

Signature of Attorney

(Printed/Typed Name)

Attorney Number

Certificate of Service

The undersigned hereby certifies that, on ____________, a copy of the foregoing (Insert name and specify Plaintiff or Defendant)’S Motion To Dismiss Proceeding Supplemental was deposited in the United States Mail, postage paid, addressed to (Indicate name(s) and address(es) where motion was served).

Motion 3b-8-1998

I wanted to be sure and thank you for using JA/Pearl.

I hope you found the information I provided useful.

If you would like to request me for your future legal inquires, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question, and I will do my best!
Take care.

Please be sure and complete the customer satisfaction survey the site will be sending you so that I can continue to provide affordable information to our customers. Thank you!