Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I bought a new Harley motorcycle and paid cash but did not

I bought a new Harley motorcycle and paid cash but did not take delivery. I just found out I have a major water leak in my house that could run into a lot of money. Can I cancel this purchase? Peggy Collings
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you sign contract for sale and does the contract allow any type of cancellation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Alex for you quick response, I did sign a contract, I can scan the contract and send it back to you.

Sincerely Peggy

Dear Peggy,

Thank you for your follow up.

You do not need to send any actual documents, as we are not permitted to review actual legal documents for JustAnswer.com customer due to various laws and regulations, however if you did sign a sales contract for the purchase of this motorcycle and even though you did not take delivery yet, you would generally not be able to unilaterally rescind this contract, unless the dealer agrees to rescind this contract.

It might be a good idea for you to contact general manager of this dealership and see if you can explain your situation and negotiate a resolution of this unfortunate situation.

I know this is not an answer you were hoping for, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much Alex, I certainly understand your position. I will contact the dealership and see what or anything they can do. I can afford to keep it so no worries there. Peggy

Dear Peggy,

I wish you the best of luck.

Please click on the "Excellent Service" feedback, so I can receive credit for my answer.

Bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, but are not required.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney