Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

We did file a claim against them but have not heard anything

We did file a claim against them but have not heard anything in about 2 years. we had paid $900 for a mattress. it was to be delivered the day that the shut down all deliveries. Any word on ever getting something back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question.

INFOLAWYER :

who was the claim filed with?

INFOLAWYER :

Have you considered small claims court?

INFOLAWYER :

small claims court can lead to a settlement or a money judgment

INFOLAWYER :

you may also consider a complaint and follow up with the BBB and attorney general office.

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear?

Customer:

No this was a class action suit

INFOLAWYER :

has the lead lawyer given an update?

INFOLAWYER :

what state is the case in?

INFOLAWYER :

has there been a settlement or judgment?

INFOLAWYER :

Have you checked with the court clerks office?

Customer:

we usually would just get a post card stating that the class action was still be pursued....however we have not heard anything in some time. We don't know if there has been a settlement as we didn't hear and i haven't been able t get any other info.

Customer:

State...Ohio

Customer:

Have not checked with the court clerks office

INFOLAWYER :

I suggest contacting the lawyer's office

INFOLAWYER :

and checking with the court clerk

INFOLAWYER :

the court clerk can let you know the status

INFOLAWYER :

especially if there is a decision or settlement

Customer:

You mean the court clerk in Cincinnati?

INFOLAWYER :

correct

Customer:

Who exactly do we check with?

INFOLAWYER :

The court's general clerk

INFOLAWYER :

who may direct you to the judge's clerk

INFOLAWYER :

to get a general status report

Customer:

ok

INFOLAWYER :

I would also check with the lead counsel

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best

INFOLAWYER :

and a nice evening

Customer:

That all sounds were good but I have no idea who the lead lawyer is. Mind you when this occured,we had no recourse...they just refused to deliver the mattress. then we heard they filed bankruptcy Then we got a post card saying we were include in a class action suit...That's it

INFOLAWYER :

when you call the court clerks office

INFOLAWYER :

you may ask for a status and for the name of the lead law firm

INFOLAWYER :

then you can contact the lead law firm too

INFOLAWYER :

for the information on status of the case

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clearer?

Customer:

yes

INFOLAWYER :

Great

INFOLAWYER :

wishing you the best

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.