shurmust
shurmust, Lawyer
Experience:  I have successfully prosecuted over 50 jury trials advocating on behalf of the government.
69736160

me my wife adn her elderly father and mother have been living

me my wife adn her elderly father and mother have been living in a apartment for over ten years which actually belongs to her sister and her husband the landlord wants to have us evicted because of that and also failure to pay two months rent which is not true what are our options in court to fight this and keep the apartment.

shurmust :

Greetings! I am happy to help you. What state do you live in?

shurmust :

Does the sister live there?

Customer:

No she lives in long island

Customer:

Where is my answer and I will change the rating

shurmust, Lawyer
Experience: I have successfully prosecuted over 50 jury trials advocating on behalf of the government.

I’m Wendy, and I’m moderator for this Legal topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,
Wendy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tell me what else do u need to answer the question?
We presently have enough information to proceed with finding a professional to answer your question.

Please remember, sometimes, finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding.

We will contact you as soon as we hear back from one of the professionals. We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX business.

Best,
Wendy
Did the landlord accept rental payments directly from you?

Which town is this in?