Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Do you know of a consumer protection at 9100 NW 36th street

Customer Question

Do you know of a consumer protection at 9100 NW 36th street inFt. Laureldale, FL?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

This is positively a scam. The Federal Reserve does not get involved in any lottery or sweepstakes. The Federal Reserve is a governmental agency which sets monetary policy and facilitates the transfer of money to banks.

This is an apparent attempt to steal your identity.

If someone has misused your Social Security number or other personal information to create credit or other problems for you, Social Security cannot resolve these problems, but there are several things you should do.

1. You should go to www.idtheft.gov and report the identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission. Or, you can call 1-877-IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338); TTY 1-866-653-4261. That website is a onestop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect and defend against identity theft.

2. You also may want to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). An identity thief also might use your Social Security number to file a tax return to receive your refund. If you are eligible for a refund, a thief could file a tax return before you do and get your refund. Then, when you do file, the IRS will think you already received your refund. If
your Social Security number is XXXXX another individual may use it to get a job. That person’s employer would report income earned to the IRS using your Social Security number.

3. Contact a credit reporting agency online (equifax, transunion, etc.). You only need to contact one. Have a fraud alert put on your file. It will be reported to all credit reporting agencies. With that fraud alert in place (there is no charge) no one will be able to borrow money or open a credit account with your social security number without you being contacted personally and confirming the request.

You may also want to order a credit report to confirm no accounts have been opened which were not opened by you.

I am sorry. I realize this is not the answer you were hoping for. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I ask that you not penalize me for having to deliver less than favorable news.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Loren, Lawyer
Experience: 30 years experience in general legal matters.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Billy, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.