LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator

I have a scheduling conference in an ERISA case coming up and

I have a scheduling conference in an ERISA case coming up and one of the defendants attorney sent a first draft to discuss. My question is, where do I find the times allowed for discovery (ie. what is the earliest and latest that admissions, interrogatories, etc. can be set for) The defense attorney is trying to set things out almost a year from now, I want to get thing done as quick as possible.

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum. Rule 16 governs the time frame. However, courts generally tend to be rather lax regarding the schedule as set forth in the schedule, as their main concern is to ensure that the case is moving forward, and the attorneys are engaging in settlement discussions. Here is the timeframe: Here is some other information for discover that may come in handy:

Thanks rating on it's way

I wanted to be sure and thank you for using JA/Pearl.

I hope you found the information I provided useful.

If you would like to request me for your future legal inquires, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question, and I will do my best!
Take care.

Please be sure and complete the customer satisfaction survey the site will be sending you so that I can continue to provide affordable information to our customers. Thank you!