Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I have recently booked a river cruise in Russia, which included

I have recently booked a river cruise in Russia, which included flights. The indicated that the flights would be on either BA, Air France or Al Alitalia. Through the use of code sharing they have put us on Finn Air and Aeroflot, neither of which we would have booked or allowed to be booked. If they have indicated we would fly on the former but use code sharing to put us on the latter, do we have legal standing to say that they have not fulfilled the contract?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

I am afraid that because these airlines are all partnering together and sharing routes, I am sorry to state that as long as they get you to the boat in time for the cruise, the cruise occurs and they get you home from the cruise then they have really technically fulfilled the contract. You can negotiate this matter with them and if you prior to booking told them specifically you did not want any flights on those specific airlines, then you could have an argument for breach of contract and if you did not specifically inform them you did not want those particular airlines, all you can really do at this point is negotiate with them to change the flights.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.