Law Pro, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience in consumer advocacy, debt collection violations, contracts, construction

Collection-California Limited Civil: Im the defendant in a

Collection-California Limited Civil: I'm the defendant in a collection case & I propounded, forms, special, rfa's, rfd's, discovery. All discovery was late & the verification arrived 4 days after the responses, the discovery was full of ridiculous objections... A legal coach helped me draft the rogg's & I have used this discovery before & received minimal objections. My question is, do I still have to comply with a meet & confer letter before I file a motion to compel further responses? As for the rfa's I'm going to file a motion in limine. Please advise.
Hi. Thank you for asking for me.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

My question is, do I still have to comply with a meet & confer letter before I file a motion to compel further responses?

Meet & Conference - as to pretrial conference?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't quite understand your response. Yes, if you are referring to writing a letter for meet & confer pretrial conference in order to try work out any issues & gain the necessary discovery I need. Do I still have to comply if the discovery was late?

You do have to comply BUT you don't have to be in any way acceptable to their offers and can reject such aggressively.

You should immediately be filing your motions to compel and, just before trial submitting your motion in limine as to their admissions.

As to the admissions - you want the judge to rule on that before the trial so you know what you do and don't have to prove and what is deemed admitted and undeniable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.