Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney

Thank you. Would it be worthwhile to look at the contract criteria

Thank you. Would it be worthwhile to look at the contract criteria that something agreed on is amiss? Also, I heard usually the lender doesn't sign the agreement for some reason and a contract needs both signatures to be enforceable.

Attorney 1 :

Hello and thanks for your question. I am a licensed attorney and will be happy to help.

Attorney 1 :

The specific problem you are facing is unclear from the question, so I'll provide a response based on the information provided. If I if you need more, just let me know.

Attorney 1 :

Contracts, generally, need to be signed by both parties. For instance, if Tom and Joe scribble a contract on a blank piece of paper, both signatures will be required for enforceability of the contract were there would be no evidence that both parties agreed to its terms.

In contracts between a commercial lender (such as a car dealership or bank) and a consumer, it's a bit different. The lender's actual signature is not necessarily required. This is because the necessary contract terms will often appear on the lender's preprinted form or letterhead, thus showing that the lender intended those times to attach and intended to be bound by a the agreement. In such cases, the contract is enforceable even though no actual signature appears on the empty signature line.

Attorney 1 :

If you are unsure as to your rights and responsibilities in a particular contract, especially if the lender is making demands that you don't agree with, it's definitely a good idea to revisit the the written document for confirmation. If you do not have a copy of the agreement, the lender should provide you with one. When people fail to verify the accuracy of what they're being told by a representative of the lender, they often later find that the lender has overstepped.

If the effect of some of the terms or provisions in the agreement are unclear to you, let me know and I'll translate the gibberish for you.

Attorney 1 :

I hope this information helps. If you need additional information or clarification, or if I have misunderstood your question, please let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If this response has shed some light on the situation, please let me know that, as well.

Although you have logged off of this website, you may continue to post to this discussion when you return, and I will respond, accordingly. You may also print this page for reference response and/or return to this page for reference, at any time.

All the best,

-- Attorney 1