Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

THIS COPANY ,, AUDIBEL HEARING OF DUNMORE PA. OH, THEY COVER

Customer Question

THIS COPANY ,, AUDIBEL HEARING OF DUNMORE PA. OH, THEY COVER THEMSELFS PRETY WELL. ON EVERY TURN. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL CON MEN... IT'S LIKE HOW TIME SHARING SALESMAN USED TO DO.. THEY HAVE THEIR BOOK.....FIRST THEY WANT THE WIFE TO BE THEIR... YOU KNOW THE REASONING BEHIND THAT IS THAT, THE WIFE IS THE ONE WHO REALLLY SUFFER OVER HER HUSBANDS HEARING....THE MORE I SAID NO THEY KEPT COMING UP WITH NEW , SPECIAL DEALS FOR ME...FROM A ,,, GET THIS ,,, FROM A 9,000 DOLLOR HEARING AID ,,,, THEY JUST HAPPEN TO FIND A USED AID, THAT WAS RETURNED AND THEY WOULD GIVE IT TO ME FOR 3,000....THE CHEAPEST ONE THEY HAVE THERE IS 3,000.00... WELL MY WIFE WAS JUMING OUT OF HER SKIN AT THIS DEAL....THEY KEPT PFRESSING NOT TO JUDGE THE AID TO QUICKLY.. BECAUSE IT TAKES TIME TO GET USED TO THEM ,,, OVER AND OVER AGAIN...I KEPT TELLING THEM THAT I DON'T HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE, THAT I'M A LONER... AND I LIKED BEING THAT WAY,... SO I REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM ..... THEY SAID, WELL ,,YOUR A PROFESSIONAL PIANO PLAYER AND SINGER ..... IT WILL REALLLY HELP YOU A GREAT DEAL.... WELL I SAID OK,,, IF IT WILL IMPROVE THAT PART OF MY LIFE,,, THEN OK ,,,, THEIR REPLY WAS ,,DON'T TRY IT YET,,, YOU HAVE TO GET USED TO THEM FIRST... WILL TRY IT WITH YOU IN A CUPPLE OF MONTH'S... PRESSING TO TAKE MY TIME OVER AND OVER...., I SIGNED UP FOR IT ,,,, NEVER LOOKING AT THE DATE OF RETURN....30 DAY RETURN......30 DAYS.....SINCE THEN I'VE LOOKED ON MY COMPUTER FOR HEARING AIDS AND DID NOT BELEIVE THE PRICE OF MOST OF THESE WERE. WERE TALKING ABOUT 25.00 TO 500.00 ...COMPAREED TO THEIRS BEING 3000,00 TO 9000,OO...AND IN COMPARING THE VERY LESS EXPENCIVE ONE, YOU DIDN'T NEED ANY BATTERYS WHITCH ONLY LAST FOR A CUPPLE OF DAYS AND THEN THEY CAN SELL YOU BATTERYS TOO. IT HAD NO ON AND OFF SWITCH....IT HAD NO VOLUME CONTROL,,, IT HAD NO RECHARGER CONTROLL... JUST BASIC HEARING AID FOR 9000,000. AND A GARRENTEE OF ONLY 30 DAYS... COMPARED TO 60 AND 90 DAY RETURNS FOR THE COMPUTER ONE'S .. TALK ABOUT PRICE GOWGING...WELL ANY WAY ,,,, THERE IS ALOT MORE OF THE STORY,, I WON'T GET INTO IT NOW..... THE BOTXXXXX XXXXXNE WAS AS TIME WAS PASSING I TAUGHT I WOULD GO AND TRY THEM ON THE JOB..... WELL TO MY AMAZZMENT ,,,, I COULD HARDLY MAKE IT THUR THE FIRST SONG THAT I WAS SINGING ... FEEDBACK THE PIANO SOUNDED AWFALL.. LIKE THINNY BELLS....I TRIED THEM AGAIN AT THE END OF THE NIGHT, AND THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE. THE NEXT DAY I WENT TO RETURN THEM, AND THEY INFORMED ME THAT I WAS 14 DAYS OVER THE GARENTEE AND THERE'S NO NEGOCIATING ABOUT IT..... I WENT TO THE ONER GARY COMFORT, AND BEGGED HIM ,... OVER AND OVER AGAIN,, HE FINALLY SAID THAT HE WOULD TALK TO THE PRESEDENT AND MAYBE WE COULD DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.. ABOUT A MONTH WENT BY AND SO I CALLED HIM... HE CALLED BACK AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON MY PHONE,SAYING THAT THE PRESEDENT SAID NO DEAL.... TAKE A GUESS WHO THE PRESENENT IS.....YES,,, HIS SON!!!!!SEE HOW THEY COVER ALL BASISES..THE FATHER IS THE ONE WHO REALLY OWNS THE BUSSINESS........MY CREDIT IS TOTALY WRUEND... WITH INTEREST AND LATE FEE'S IT'S 5,000 DOLARORS NOW...AND STILL TO THIS DAY , THEY NEVER RETURNED THE HEARING AIDS BACK TO ME..IT'S A YEAR LATER NOW......14 DAYS LATE ,,COMPARED TO XXXXX 100.00 A MONTH FOR 7 YEARS.. BY THEN I WILL BE 77 YEARS OLD. 14 DAYS LATE. AND THEY SAID HOW THEY CARED SO MUCH ABOUT THE COMUMITY...THERE'S ALOT MORE I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS MATTER...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP ME.... PAUL ARDITO XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Even if you are beyond the money back period, they have the obligation to provide you a properly working device and if it is not working right and it is defective you are entitled to them to at least fix it or replace it with one that works properly and if they refuse you would first file a complaint with the Attorney General's consumer protection unit and also the Better Business Bureau and they can usually resolve the matter.

If the AG and BBB cannot resolve the matter, then I am afraid you will have to file suit against them in court for breach of contract and seek the money damages from them for their having a defective product.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

thank you for your advice, it was very comforting..if i wanted to take him to court... how would i do it without spending a lot of money... paul

Thank you for your response.

First, before suing in court, you can file a complaint with the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit and also the Better Business Bureau for breach of warranty and many times they can resolve these disputes for free without you having to go to court.

However, if the BBB and AG cannot resolve the dispute, you can sue in small claims court for the breach of warranty and seek your money for them not repairing or providing a properly working device you paid for. In small claims you can sue for your cost of the hearing aid and also they add on the costs of you filing suit. You can sue in small claims without an attorney and that is the cheapest way to proceed in these matters.