Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

My wife and I recently purchased a membership in a travel club..similar

Customer Question

My wife and I recently purchased a membership in a travel club..similar to a time share..for approximately $5600. According to the documents we signed, we had 3 business days to cancel. We purchased with a credit card on June 12th, wrote and mailed by certified mail a cancellation letter the next day...June 13th...and tracking indicated it was delivered on Saturday, the 15th. At the same time we returned the materials we had received...basically a notebook.
According to our documents, the travel company "Travel Supplier of America"" must" refund our money within 10 business days. They haven't refunded the money. I have been told during repeated calls to them that it would be refunded...that it had to go to accounting...that it was in accounting...but no refund yet. I have started a dispute through my credit card company but am not sure what the status is with them.
My question is, how can I hold this company accountable for not following the law in this?
Thakyou, Allen Barclay
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

At this point they are of course in breach of contract. You have a couple of choices. First, you can file a complaint with the attorney general's consumer protection unit in the state they are located in, which is Delaware. You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, as many times they can assist. There are two companies out there one is Travel Supplier of America in DE and another Travel Suppliers (with an S on the en) of America and they are located in NY and have an F rating with the BBB.

If the state attorney general and BBB or your credit card company cannot resolve your complaint, you would have to sue them for breach of contract to recover your money back.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The information I received was the same information I already had so it was not of much benefit to me.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback for you not telling me what you knew or did not know. I have no way of knowing what someone knows unless they tell us I am afraid. If you want to know more specific information the only way we know what you would like would be if you would tell us. We asked you to reply to us and tell us what more you needed and you did not do so, thank you very much.