Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I am a disabled person who is receiving structured settlement

I am a disabled person who is receiving structured settlement and I am having trouble with funding company while I am preparing Brief for appeal. That funding company file Federal Arbitration Act. Question is under cplr 7511, I demand terminate FAA. Because, it conflict with N.Y. It is the violation of the N.Y GOL §5-1708 (f). I want have legal advice. Thanks.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If your contract violates the NY Structured Settlement Protection Act and it was never approved by the court, then this is your argument that the entire contract is void including their arbitration provision. In order for the court to not force you to arbitration, they have to first find that the contract itself was not valid and upon doing that the clause forcing you to arbitration would also be not enforceable.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.