Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.

I bought a truck from a little Glendale Arizona dealer. Three

I bought a truck from a little Glendale Arizona dealer. Three days later it had pretty major mechanical failure. My understanding is per AZ law I have a 15 day 500 mile warranty. It looks like I am resposible for 50% of the cost of repairs, but it look like I should only have to pay a maximum of $25 per repair. Is this correct?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.

Arizona does have a statute creating a Used Car Implied Warranty.

Arizona's implied warranty is good for 15-days or 500 miles after delivery, whichever comes first. Mileage that is directly related to efforts to fix the vehicle or days that the vehicle is out of service do not count against the warranty period.

The buyer must give the dealer reasonable notice, preferably as soon as the defect occurs. The buyer must give the dealer two chances to fix the problem. The buyer must pay half the cost of each repair attempt, up to a maximum of $25 for each repair. The dealer can do repairs at its own shop or have the work done elsewhere. The dealer is not required to spend more than the purchase price of the car to fix it.

If two repair attempts do not fix the problem, the consumer has a number of options. The buyer can continue to negotiate, but may be asked to pay all or part of the repair costs. The buyer can ask the dealer to take the vehicle back, but the Arizona Used Car Lemon law does not require the dealer to do so. The customer can try to get the dealer to mediate or arbitrate the problem. And the buyer can take the dealer to court.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Chris, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.