LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator

Chase Auto Finance just sent me a refund check for late fees

Chase Auto Finance just sent me a refund check for late fees incurred on a leased vehicle I returned approximately 7 or 8 years ago. I have the following issues:

1. Why did they wait so long to refund the monies?
2. I do not believe they included interest.
3. How many other people were also affected by this miscalculation procedure?
4. Can this be turned into a class action and/or how would I find a lawyer to help with such a claim?

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum.

LegalGems :

That is unusual for a company to send a refund check for transactions that occurred 7-8 years ago, because generally the statute of limitations would have run by then. You can find out if other people are contemplating a class action, or if a class action has in fact been initiated by checking with

LegalGems :

If they did not include interest, you can send them a demand letter requesting interest fees; but again generally actions based on events this old are beyond the statute of limitations.

LegalGems :

I have done some research and cannot find indication of other consumers receiving a check, but it is possible there is no information if, for example, no one is complaining. You may want to contact the company to ensure that it is not a scam, however, because if you deposit it in your account, they will be able to access your financial information.

LegalGems : Please let me know if you have further questions by responding in the reply box. I am switching to q&a format bit you can still ask follow up questions. If you do not have any further questions please rate my answer so I receive compensation from the website. Thank you!
Thank you for using JA/Pearl! I hope you found my services helpful, as this is important to me.

If you need further assistance, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My career position is an attorney; my hobby is a researcher. Fortunately these compliment each other! I hope that means you received great service - and I enjoyed providing it!!

Thank you for rating my answer as this is how I receive compensation for assisting you. I hope JA/Pearl and myself has met your needs and provided you general legal information for you to use in the future. Thank You!