LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
63726236

Chase Auto Finance just sent me a refund check for late fees

Chase Auto Finance just sent me a refund check for late fees incurred on a leased vehicle I returned approximately 7 or 8 years ago. I have the following issues:

1. Why did they wait so long to refund the monies?
2. I do not believe they included interest.
3. How many other people were also affected by this miscalculation procedure?
4. Can this be turned into a class action and/or how would I find a lawyer to help with such a claim?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum.

LegalGems :

That is unusual for a company to send a refund check for transactions that occurred 7-8 years ago, because generally the statute of limitations would have run by then. You can find out if other people are contemplating a class action, or if a class action has in fact been initiated by checking with www.topclassactions.com.

LegalGems :

If they did not include interest, you can send them a demand letter requesting interest fees; but again generally actions based on events this old are beyond the statute of limitations.

LegalGems :

I have done some research and cannot find indication of other consumers receiving a check, but it is possible there is no information if, for example, no one is complaining. You may want to contact the company to ensure that it is not a scam, however, because if you deposit it in your account, they will be able to access your financial information.

LegalGems : Please let me know if you have further questions by responding in the reply box. I am switching to q&a format bit you can still ask follow up questions. If you do not have any further questions please rate my answer so I receive compensation from the website. Thank you!
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience: Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JA/Pearl! I hope you found my services helpful, as this is important to me.

If you need further assistance, please put TO LEGAL GEMS in front of the question and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My career position is an attorney; my hobby is a researcher. Fortunately these compliment each other! I hope that means you received great service - and I enjoyed providing it!!

___________________________________
Thank you for rating my answer as this is how I receive compensation for assisting you. I hope JA/Pearl and myself has met your needs and provided you general legal information for you to use in the future. Thank You!