Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

Do I have 72 hours to recind my purchase of a new vehicle in

Do I have 72 hours to recind my purchase of a new vehicle in Illinois and purchase a different one from same dealership. I've had it for about 34 hours and have driven it only about 20 miles

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Unless the contract itself provides one, there is unfortunately no legal right to cancel a sale or return a vehicle. A contract is fully enforceable at the time it is signed and agreed. Read your contract before you go to see if there is a stated cancellation period or return policy.

With that said, some dealers may be willing to work with you, as a courtesy, to get you into a vehicle that is a better fit. But there is no law that would allow a person to cancel a sale within 72 hours. This is a very common misconception, but it's not the law anywhere.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.