P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.

Have been called about winning a large sweepstake prize and

Have been called about winning a large sweepstake prize and given a number at the FTC to verify the process of insuring the winnings. A $3500 certified check is required. For real or scam?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Scam. What you describe is a very common scam. I get this question (this very same question) several times each week. Mostly it is from folks who sent the check....too late for them.

Please do not send these criminals any will never see the money you send, the promised "winnings" or the criminals again.