Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

i turned in a federal complaint, and forgot to edit out a 10

i turned in a federal complaint, and forgot to edit out a 10 page introduction, which while well written, was more of a research article than in legal format. I have now seen that such a format is not usually used in such filings. SHould I amend it and edit this ? or is it usually not a problem? thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Such introductions are not appropriate form for a federal complaint and as such it should be removed from your complaint. Under the federal rules of civil procedure, you are entitled one time as a matter of right before the other party responds to the suit to file an amendment and you should amend the complaint to conform to the proper format and rules, because while federal judges are a little tolerant of pro se litigants, they will still insist you follow the proper format.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.