Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney 40 plus years private practice. Real Estate, Wills, Trusts, Injury claims. Still active.
18215332

my knee is in severe pain after completing exercises while

Customer Question

my knee is in severe pain after completing exercises while watching a fitness video, the video claims to require no equipment and constantly advertises safety. one reason i chose to start these specific workouts was because it required no equipment and i dont have the means to go and buy workout shoes. with the advertisments stating no equipment needed and my knee injury being a direct product of not using equipment...do i have a case i could settle in court for maybe a cash compensation?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LadyLawyer12 replied 1 year ago.
Most of the videos have a disclaimer which tells you to check with a physician prior to beginning the workout. You may have a case against the company if you can show that they advertised the video knowing you needed equipment in order to safely perform the workout. The laws in California are pretty consumer friendly so you may have a chance. I would advise you to contact the local bar association for a referral to an attorney in your area that can handle this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you but the answer just opened up more questions....maybe a couple referrences? sorry im just not satisfied with the answer

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

do i have a case i could settle in court for maybe a cash compensation?

The above was your question and it was answered directly and accurately by the previous expert, who did not deserve a Poor Service rating. You may have a case, but it looks like a very difficult one to win. Issues of liability for what happened are extremely complex. You will have to work with a skilled personal injury attorney. If you can't find an attorney who will take your case on a contingency percentage fee, that means that you have a bad case. Attorneys will avoid those like the plague because they don't want to waste their time and money on it. You can certainly file such a suit on your own, but you have little or no chance of winning in court. An out of court settlement offer is possible, but it's more likely that you will have your case thrown out on a technicality.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Picture
IrwinLaw (Online)