Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Hello. My name isXXXXX I recently took a flight

Hello. My name isXXXXX
I recently took a flight to England from Philadelphia. I purchased a round trip ticket 6/2/13 to fly 6/23/13 and return 6/30/13($600.00). IT was a standby ticket which has blackout dates for the month of July.

If' you're waiting standby, and the flight is full, you'll have to wait for the following day. In this case it would have fell on the blackout date 7/1/13.

Knowing this I called on the 28th from England to board early to avoid being stuck. The agent advised me to travel on 7/1/13 because the blackout dates were a non-issue.

I arrived on 7/1, and wasn't permitted to fly due to the blackout dates. The airline acknowledged their mistake, however didn't permit me to board without buying a regular one-way ticket for $1000.00. In the process I was originally told that The airport would let me fly due to the error, I just have to do it in person at the airport. The game of the call center telling me to fly, and the airport not permitting went on for a few days.

I ended up purchasing a 1000.00 to get home. As a result, I wasn't able to start my new job because of the delay. I explained the situation, but they had to fill he position.

Do I have grounds to sue or lost wages?

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question.

INFOLAWYER :

If you were advised that you would be able to fly and the damages and losses were forseeable

INFOLAWYER :

you may pursue a claim

INFOLAWYER :

practically, expect the airline to offer a lower settlement and a court would typically not award all lost wages

INFOLAWYER :

but there is enough of a claim to pursue and seek settlement given misrepresentation and resulting losses.

INFOLAWYER :

You may want to add leverage to the claim

INFOLAWYER :

by threatening a consumer complaint or legal action or involving local counsel as well.

INFOLAWYER :

are you there?

Customer:

Hello. I am here. Thank you.

INFOLAWYER :

Very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

Tried to expedite your question

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly rate it positively

INFOLAWYER :

if I can clarify anything else, of course, ask me

Customer:

Will do. I'm just processing your answer.

INFOLAWYER :

great, thanks

Customer:

How would I word the loss wages when filing the claim?

INFOLAWYER :

As a result of defendant's breach, plaintiff suffered forseeable and actual damages in the form of lost wages, which are at least $________

Customer:

Ok Thank you.

INFOLAWYER :

Very welcome

Customer:

One last question: Small claims limits are up to 12lk. The difference between the ticket costs and expenses are about 10k. Can I claim 10k worth of loss wages if the Employer agrees to sign off on My salary amount etc.. The job would have been 60k per year.

INFOLAWYER :

Yes

INFOLAWYER :

stay within the limits

INFOLAWYER :

and keep the amount reasonable and corresponding to actual loss

INFOLAWYER :

and be prepared to settle

INFOLAWYER :

Good luck!!

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Customer:

Thank you! I will click on excellent.

INFOLAWYER :

very welcome