Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

My credit score was 805. My credit score dropped to 775 in

My credit score was 805. My credit score dropped to 775 in March of this year. Purported reason is I had a Bank of America credit card which I had not used in three years canceled because I did not use it enough. Anyone I can complain to effectively??
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to dispute any negative remark on your report to the credit bureaus and you need to do so in writing. You need to explain your situation to the credit bureaus and dispute that the score should drop simply because you have a credit card with no balance on it. If they refuse to remove the remark your only remaining choice is to sue BoA to get it removed.

These credit bureaus do not release the convoluted algorithms that they use to come up with these credit scores, but generally an account that was always paid on time and simply not used is not a negative thing and it should not impact your score, so you need to appeal under the FCRA.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.