Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Recently(May 2013) we changed out landline to Sprint. Since

Recently(May 2013) we changed out landline to Sprint. Since the change, we have had 2 major problems!!!!!! 1) The landline never worked ever - the echo was so bad neither party could understand what the other party was saying. 2) Now our cell phones do not work. At first we just needed to move to the outdoor courtyard to get our calls to work (but worked poorly with many dropped calls and poor quality). Now the cell phones will not even work outside! This has be a continuing problem for the months of June and July. I am totally and completely frustrated and disgusted with Sprint. I am ready to contact "Watchdog" a consumer advocate for our local newspaper. Yes, we have tried working with out local Sprint store, they have no answers or even a clue of what it wrong. My cell phone # XXXXX (Sally Critchley) (iPhone5) Husband's cell phone # XXXXX HVO Home phone # XXXXX

Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If your service is not working properly and Sprint will not remedy the situation, the first step is to file a complaint with the local Public Utilities Commission regarding their failure to provide proper service. You also need to call Sprint and keep complaining and get through to a supervisor as they will usually credit your payments for the months you had no service and negotiate a termination of the service without termination fees (only a supervisor can do this and you need to make them send you the agreement in writing).

If these two above steps do not work then I am afraid that your remaining recourse is to sue them for breach of contract and seek to recover all of your losses and terminate the contract through the court.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.