Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I spoken to Andrea previously about having a contract with

I spoken to Andrea previously about having a contract with consumer law council. they tout themselves as a law firm, but actually there are no lawyers. I have a contract with them, for which they are supposed to contact and work with credit card companies that I am disputing charges with. Letters of intent were sent, but they were sent by me. they have done nothing except get 4 cards charged off. they have done none of the leg work that they were supposed to do. on top of that, the company that I signed an agreement with to collect my "fee" on a monthly basis, closed my account at the request of consumer law council, and now RAM, with which I have no contract with to draw money from account, is now supposed to collect my "fee" monthly. I was not notified of this change. I have reported this company to the florida better business, the florida attorney general, FTC and the NY attorney general. I also have stopped payment from allowing RAM to draw funds from my account. I have spoken to a "manager" at consumer law council and he assures me they have lawyers working on this. I have contacted all credit card companies and adviced them that I am not working with consumer law council and have made arrangements with each credit card company. my question is can I get out of this contract legally? thank you for your help. I am embarrassed and ashamed that I find myself in this situation, but I will not let them "use" me any longer.
I received notification from the NYS Attorney General telling me they received my complaint. again my thanks for any information.

Hi, Beth, and Welcome back,

If you remember correctly, I did not list the Better Business Bureau as one of the offices which you should contact because they do not have authority or power to do anything. They are merely a repository for information so that if another consumer is about to do business with a company, they can contact the Better Business Bureau and ask if any complaints have been filed against that particular company. This helps the consumer make a more informed decision on whether they will do business with a company or not.

Your "contract" with these people is nothing more than a method to defraud you. You can simply write to them and tell them they have done nothing for you except ruin your credit rating and you have decided that you will no longer allow them to scam you out of any more of your money. Tell them that you have already reported them and you want no further contact with them.

Just in case there are lawyers in there (which I sincerely doubt), contact the New York State Attorney Disciplinary Board and report them. Even if they are not lawyers, they should not be holding themselves out as lawyers.

New York Attorney Disciplinary Board -http://www.courts.state.ny.us/ip/attorneygrievance/complaints.shtml

____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Andrea-

I wasn't sure I would get you back if I wrote again. So I am glad that I got you.

The only reason I notified the Better Business Bureau was to hopefully help someone else and prevent them from making the same mistake I made.

Thank you for your valuable information. I want to make sure what I do next is correct. I do not want to get involved in a law suit because of this. It is interesting since I stopped payment, no one the law council has contacted me. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Once again, Andrea, thank you for your help.

Hi, Beth,

I do not know how the law council works, so I cannot give any opinion on that. However, I would consider it a good thing not to hear from them. It might be that the New York State Attorney General's Office has contacted them, but I cannot say for sure. I would still go ahead and contact the New York State Attorney Disciplinary Board at the website I stated above, whether or not they have lawyers working there because what they are doing is defrauding the public and holding themselves out as lawyers in order to appear legitimate and this in itself is illegal, if they are not lawyers. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating so that I receive credit for assisting you,

________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should I notifiy florida also, since this company is based in singer island.

Yes, notify Florida as well,

ANDREA