LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator

I am seeking legitimate or illegitimate status of an organization

I am seeking legitimate or illegitimate status of an organization called FreeLotto which is a division of PlasmaNet Inc. PO Box 4562 Grand Central Station,New York,NY 10163

LegalGems :

Hi! LegalGems here. My goal: To Do My Best To Assist You. Please remember, I can only provide general information,as this is a public forum. I see you have been waiting some time for a response to your question, so please allow me to assist you. Consumers should always be wary of organizations that only operate from a PO box, as opposed to having a physical location. That being said, please review the following links, which address possible issues with this company: However, the NY secretary of state does have a listing for this company; please see:

LegalGems :

This indicates that they are a registered business in NY state.

LegalGems :

However, generally if a lottery company asks the consumer to pay money up front, it generally is a scam, as most genuine lotteries do not require the consumer to pay money in order to obtain the prize.

LegalGems :

California actually has a very good resource that is intended for seniors, but can benefit everyone, especially since scams are on the rise. Please see

Thank you for using JA/Pearl. It has been a pleasure to assist you. And thank you for the generous bonus - it is appreciated.

Please be careful of any offers that seem too good to be true, as these are generally scams. Unfortunately, one of the negative effects of a shrinking world (by virtue of the internet) is the proliferation of scams. If in doubt, trust your instincts!

Should you have any estate planning or consumer law questions, please feel free to request me by putting "TO LEGAL GEMS" in front of the question. As soon as I see your question, I will respond - and I will do my best to provide you with the information you need!

Take care!