California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice in California
19551178

If a plublisher talks to you about renewing a magizine for

If a plublisher talks to you about renewing a magizine for you and then cram=shams you by starting three other magazines that you did not know of, and do not want, charges you a high price, like $90.00 a year each for three years, and then calls you and says you ow them $1147.00. That he has a recording of the transaction and that he will sue you if you do not pay. If you had given them your credit card number, blocked his ability to use it and tried to cancel the deal, but find it is imposible to call back the company, because they hangup on you, before they even talk to you. What can they do to you?

California Lawyer :

Hello, are you there?

California Lawyer :

Hello....

California Lawyer :

Hello, are you there?

The short answer is that they cannot do ANYTHING to you. If what you say is true, this is a fraud. I would alert my credit card company, make sure the transaction is cancelled and get my magazine elsewhere.

They aren't going to sue you. There really isn't much they can do. They might try to harass you, but that is it.

I hope this helps.

DCG