Dylatess, Lawyer
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice

After taking Lipitor(atorvastatin), I had a very bad reaction

After taking Lipitor(atorvastatin), I had a very bad reaction kidney failure and lose of muscle which made me unable to walk and had to go to rehab to get my legs to working. I've got tons of medical bills which I'm struggling to pay. I would like to know is there any legal way i can get some help paying these bills.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
What you described is an unfortunate but recognized side effect of this medication. But the FDA has ruled that the medication as more benefits than consequences. Accordingly, there is no legal relief to paying your bills. However, if you file bankruptcy, you will no longer legally owe these debts.