JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Wide experience in consumer rights law.
16110456

Can hospital send a bill to collections if patient is sending

Can hospital send a bill to collections if patient is sending in small payments that he/she can afford even if it is not as much as hospital would like as a payment?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service.

The answer to your question is unfortunately yes. A hospital can refer a patient to a debt collector even if small payments are being made. The issue is whether you are in default of your repayment obligations. You can negotiate a repayment plan such as you desire, but you need to obtain to a written agreement.

Please follow-up with me as needed. I hope you will take a moment to leave a positive rating for my efforts here. Please do not hesitate to follow-up with me if you cannot leave a positive service rating. Your satisfaction is my goal. I rely on these service ratings. I appreciate it.

Thank you