Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son bought a car from an individual. He was not able to

My son bought a car from an individual. He was not able to drive it home because of immediate issues that were not discovered, i.e. car needs a new radiator. Seller kept possession of vehicle. Title was exchanged for cash. Does my son have any recourse or does he now own a vehicle that will not run?
Hello and thank you for the question. He has a right to cancel. Basis for cancelling is breach of contract, namely seller misrepresentation and the fact that the item does not function for its intended use. Seller has return all funds paid or otherwise come to terms on cost for repair. If seller refuses, a lawsuit is an option. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer, which I tried to expedite for you, positively.