Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Can plumbers wear shorts to work? Service work, construction

Can plumbers wear shorts to work? Service work, construction work , remodel work. Some of our plumbers have asked if can, but want to make sure osha requirements on this.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

OSHA does not have regulations at the level of detail that specify whether employees have to wear long pants or shorts.

What OSHA requires is that the employer assess conditions in the workplace and ensure that appropriate protective clothing and equipment is used.

So the decision would be based on the specific worksite, potential hazards and type of work that has to be performed by the plumber when it comes to wearing shorts or long pants and in some cases it might be fine for plumber to work in shorts, but would still have to wear knee pads.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.